There is nothing like that calorie injection after a long and stressful move to Brooklyn. It feels well deserved, and it’s easy to overeat. You start drooling at the mere thought of great food on an empty stomach. After the physically challenging move, you reach for the fridge only to find – nothing. Of course, you haven’t bought your food yet, or it’s somewhere in those cardboard boxes. So what do you do in that case? Of course, go out to a restaurant. Since you’re new in town, we are here to help you find the best Brooklyn restaurants to enjoy after moving.
The first steps after moving
You have settled in your new apartment, residential movers in Brooklyn have brought all your stuff safely. After unpacking, you feel like you deserve to rest. Or you might feel like you deserve a reward of sorts? Maybe just a taste of that Brooklyn lifestyle? After unpacking, the best thing to do is not even think about the food you have. Why, you wonder? Because, as we said, after an arduous day, you deserve to eat out. There is one apparent reason for this. That, of course, is why waste your energy on cooking and cleaning when you can go out to a nice restaurant? We are here to help you choose the one that is right for you.
What’s important to you when choosing a Brooklyn restaurant to enjoy
The most important question you need to ask yourself is – What am I in the mood for? Brooklyn’s food scene is as diverse as it gets. Many new restaurants are opening, especially in the post-Covid era. So if you are in a mood for trying something new and experimenting little, Brooklyn is the place to be. You can choose from many award-winning famous restaurants, or you can go with the favorites – it’s up to you. Movers in Brooklyn have lots of experience in moving but don’t underestimate local foodies’ knowledge. A good tip is to ask your movers or new neighbors about their favorite restaurant. It’s also a great way to make friends while trying new food.
No matter which part of Brooklyn you moved to, you can find a great restaurant to enjoy after moving in no time. And if the location is the most important, the best choice is to walk around and see what seems interesting. And there’s never a better time to enjoy new Brooklyn restaurants than after moving.
Pizza – back to classics
Pizza is an apparent post-move food. It has all the calories, and it can be considered comfort food. It’s a classic for a reason. This is why it deserves special attention. It is the perfect food to enjoy after moving because you can order for larger amounts of people. If you have hired local movers in NYC or have used the help of friends to move, you can buy them pizza as thank you. You don’t need utensils to eat, and who doesn’t love pizza. A lot of pizza joints have delivery, but here are some of our favorites pizza restaurants:
- Roberta’s Pizza – one of the classics Neapolitan style pizza, a relatively new restaurant with locations opening across the country
- Grimaldi’s – easily the most famous pizza restaurant to enjoy after moving to Brooklyn, you might wait in line for a while, but it’s worth it. Also, the fun fact is that it’s one of the few restaurants that still use coal ovens to make their pizzas.
- Juliana’s – it was opened by the same person as Grimaldi’s, but it’s still very much different specialty pizza’s
- Lucali Brooklyn – a pretty famous restaurant, it was even featured in the New York Times, Vogue and mentioned in a Netflix tv show.
- Oregano – one of the hidden gems in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, offers vegan-friendly and gluten-free pizza options.
If you are moving from NYC to Brooklyn, you must know about this restaurant. The two things you should invest in are good moving companies in Manhattan and splurging in this restaurant. It was named the best new restaurant in NYC in 2021. Settled in Greenpoint, it features a lovely blend of baked goods with green and chill surroundings. You will enjoy the relaxing vibe after the move. It serves eclectic “Indian accented New American fare” type of food, and there’s something for anyone.
The Caribbean inspired Kokomo
This restaurant offers both dining-in and takeaway or delivery options. This is great if you don’t feel like being in a crowd after moving but still want to enjoy great Brooklyn restaurants. Some of their most famous dishes include Red Peppa Jerk Chicken Koko Pasta flatbread and Oxtail flatbread. Everything about this restaurant I great. The ambiance, the food, and the staff. It also has a relaxing vibe, which is essential after a stressful move.
Mexican food Brooklyn restaurants to enjoy after moving
This one goes to people who love the spiciness of Mexican food. Eating Mexican food is excellent after a move. Living in Brooklyn, you can devote your life to finding your favorite Mexican restaurant. But if you are looking for a few suggestions to enjoy after moving, here are some of our favorites.
- Citrico is a restaurant with a great authentic atmosphere and great food and drinks. It has the best Mexican dishes at a reasonable price. And bonus points for serving fantastic cocktails.
- Chavela offers vegan-friendly and gluten-friendly options. What we really like about this place – besides the food obviously, is that it has a pet-friendly patio.
- Gran Electrica has great upscale Mexican food and, what’s most important – an amazingly relaxing atmosphere.
The list of great Brooklyn restaurants to enjoy after moving is endless because Brooklyn is a paradise for foodies. You can spend an eternity deciding on the best. To avoid decision paralysis, we recommend going with your guts and picking something new to try. Bon appetite!